Saturday, November 3, 2007

It is In the Wind




The is nothing that can lighten a day like the fresh smell of Fall blowing into your car window. There is a soft touch of sunlight, a cooler breeze, and a smell that only people who grew up in a two season state can smell. It smells like, well, Fall. It feels like hope. There is suddenly more to think positive about, more to look forward to. Not just the upcoming holidays, but the sudden spurt of energy one gets when it is no longer oppressively HOT! Yes, it still may be hot, but the nights are just a touch more cool, the breeze is from the north and I swear, it brings in vibrance. Maybe that is why Halloween is my favorite time. Kids seem excited about trick or treat and everyone is up for a good natured scare. And as we head towards Thanksgiving, I can actually feel like giving thanks. I love the fact I had the windows in the house open and the AC never kicked on. I love the fact I don't have to run the AC in my car, I can open the windows because the air clean. The dog is friskier, the kids have bounce, the neighbors are friendlier. Everyone tries to spend a few more moments outside. In fact, it can inspire some very creative art work, such as a stick sculpture called the "SKY-SCRAPER", then the critics decorate it...And after having a perfectly sunny, 77 degree weather day, with no humidy...I feel like I live in the best state that ever was. At least today. However, it is just something I love about the last four months of every year. Oct-Dec. are the most exciting, promising, inspiring, and hopeful times of the year. Of course it helps that the sun shines most days, and they are actually lower humidty, and the air is cooler. I plan to get all my vitamin D this weekend. I have more to say, but now I have 2 critics commenting on everything I am writing. So for now, I go to turn back the clocks, and relax until the wonderful day tomorrow will be...I LOVE fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard this was a picture of a sculpture by a local artist that you added leaves to...very nice.